Welsh Ryan Arena Rules
To ensure the safety of all patrons and guests, Welsh Ryan Arena have created the following code of conduct and policy guidelines. Please review and follow the rules and policies below as failure to abide by them may result in expulsion from the venue without refund.
If you have any questions, please contact the box office at 888-GO-PURPLE (467-8775).
Welsh Ryan Arena is proud to offer the following accommodations.
- All entrances to the arena are accessible for persons with disabilities.
- The door to the east and west end of the main entrance are the only ones with automatic door openers. The arena does have a metal detector and all bags will be checked upon arrival. Patrons unable to go through the metal detector will be hand-wanded.
- Accessible seating is ticketed and located on the 100 and 200 levels of the arena. Accessible seating is available behind sections 102, 104, 106, 108, 110, 114, 201, 207, and 217 and you must have a ticket for the seating section.
- Exchanges and relocations are subject to wheelchair & companion seat availability and are accommodated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Assisted listening devices are available upon request at the Fan Services person located in the lobby.
- There are public elevators located at each corner of the arena that accesses the main and upper levels.
- All restrooms are fully accessible. There are 4 public accessible family restrooms located on the event level in the southwest corner, on the main level in the northeast corner, and the upper level in the northeast corner and southwest corner.
- Single-game accessible parking is located in the lot adjacent to Gate T of Ryan Field and the East and West parking lot. Single-game accessible parking is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis and the rate is the same as the East or West Lot.
All fans who park in the designated ADA accessible parking spaces must have a valid disabled parking placard or license plate issued by their home state.
- Northwestern has adopted the Service, Assistance, and Other Animals at Northwestern Policy (https://policies.northwestern.edu/docs/animal-policy-final-012717.pdf), which guides the appropriate use of and protocols associated with service, assistance, and other animals on campus.
For certain events, latecomers may have to wait in the lobby before being admitted. These shows will be detailed in the program guide.
Northwestern has instituted a clear bag policy for game day. Approved bags must be either clear bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12”, one-gallon clear plastic bags or small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”.
All bags (camera bags, purses, backpacks, etc) are subject to search upon entering Welsh Ryan Arena.
Please have your bag ready for search before entering entrance doors to accelerate the process.
Cameras are not allowed in the theatre without prior written consent. If a specific show or event allows cameras, then it will be detailed in the event or program guide.
If an event is canceled due to inclement weather or cancellation, ticket holders will be informed as soon as possible through media and the website. Please contact the venue at 888-GO-PURPLE (467-8775) to ask about refunds or postponements.
Cell Phones, PDAs, Pagers, and Alarms
Please disable or turn off all electronic devices that may generate audio or light upon entry to the theatre.
Dress Code Policy
There is no official dress code. Dress for comfort and dress to match the spirit of the event!
Food and Beverage Policy
Outside food and beverages are not allowed within Welsh Ryan Arena. You can purchase refreshments from the concessions stands around the arena.
Alumni are invited to enjoy game-day fare, beer, and festive cocktails on Randy Walker Terrace, an open-air patio with sweeping views of Ryan Field. Access to the terrace opens at 10 a.m. on Saturday, October 26. The buffet will be open through the third quarter with both breakfast and lunch offerings available. Alcoholic drinks will be served through halftime. Photo ID may be required to obtain alcoholic beverages.
Game Day Shuttle Policy
Take a free shuttle to Ryan Field on Saturday from convenient downtown Evanston and campus locations.
A shuttle stop sandwich-board will be placed at designated pick-up locations, which will include the following, conveniently located near Evanston hotels:
- Sherman and Lake (Nearest stop to the Holiday Inn)
- Davis and Orrington (Nearest stop to the Hyatt House)
- Church and Orrington (Nearest stop to the Hilton Orrington)
- Clark and Maple (Nearest stop to the Hilton Garden Inn)
Lost and Found
Lost something during the show? Ask event staff during the show for help with finding the lost and found station. After the show please call the lost and found office at 888-GO-PURPLE (467-8775). Be prepared to leave your full contact information and detailed information about the lost item(s).
Welsh Ryan Arena does not claim responsibility for lost or missing items.
This is a partial list of items that are not allowed within the venue.
- Weapons of any type—including firearms, knives, sharp-edged objects
mace and pepper spray
- Weapons with a carry permit are also prohibited
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted in the venue
- Alcohol, drugs, illegal substances or paraphernalia associated with drug use
- Backpacks, briefcases, or purses larger than 12”x12”x6”• Outside food and beverage
Computers, laptops or tablets
- Only certified service animals, or service animals in training, will be allowed. Must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times
- Noise making devices: air horns, drums, whistles
- Audio or video recording devices, professional cameras or cameras with removable lenses, selfie sticks or tripods
- No professional photography without authorization
- Laser pens/pointers of any type
- Flag poles or any support frames for banners/signs
- Fireworks or any other incendiary devices
- Strollers are not permitted into the seating areas
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by the event/building management team
Subject to change without notice
Smoking, including cigarettes, vapes, cigars, or other smoking paraphernalia is not allowed within the venue or its surrounding facility.
For rules and policies regarding tickets and guarantees please read out the Welsh Ryan Arena Tickets page.